Frequently Asked Questions
1. What are the benefits of joining the College?
- Membership in a national professional organization of pediatricians.
- Satisfaction of knowing that your professional organization is producing honest and accurate information on child development, social, and medical issues for parents and leaders in society.
- Networking with other like-minded physicians: professionally and socially.
- Having a voice in the creation of Position and Policy statements of the College. All official statements are first circulated to the membership for approval prior to release.
- Invitation to national meetings of the College and all biannual Board meetings.
- Monthly eNewsletter containing current information from the College and around the globe.
- Access to the Members Section on the website which provides:
- Patient Information Handouts for use in your practice
- Member locator
- College publications
- CME opportunities
- Editable personal profile and online dues payment function
2. Must I leave other professional organizations to join the College?
- No. Many of our members are also members of the American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP), and other professional medical organizations, such as the American Medical Association. Click here to view a comparison sheet between the College and the AAP.
3. What will happen if I leave other professional pediatric organizations to join the College?
- No problem. Membership in such an organization is not a requirement for licensure or to practice pediatrics. You are simply leaving one professional pediatric organization(s) for another. And, if desired, you may in many instances remain a member of your state Pediatric Society.
- You can still purchase materials from other organizations (such as the Red Book and Pediatrics from the AAP), attend sponsored meetings, and participate in CME programs, all at a slight increase over the member price.
4. How is the College different from religious organizations such as the CMDA and the CMA?
- Information about how the College differs can be viewed here on this comparison sheet.
5. What is the cost of College membership?
- Information on membership dues can be found on our Becoming A College Member page of the website.
6. How can I get involved in the work of the College?
- You are encouraged to become involved at whatever level you desire. This commitment may range from simply supporting the College through the payment of your annual dues to becoming a member of the Board of Directors. Members are encouraged to voice their concerns, visions, and desires for the College to the officers and members of the Board of Directors.