Handouts for Parents and Teens
Members of the College have developed several helpful handouts to assist parents in the rearing of their children. Handout topics include the Discipline Series (Meeting the Challenges of Parenting, Time Out, Disciplinary Spanking, Childhood Tantrums and Whining), HPV Vaccine, Healthy Eating, and more. College members may log in the Members Hub to access additional handouts provided by other College members that are available for use in a pediatric practice.
- Lead Your Child
- Vaccine Origins
- Internet Safety
- HPV Vaccine
- The Inattentive Child
- Healthy Eating
- Helping Your Child Become a Big Brother or Big Sister
- How to Have a Healthy Family Table
- Facts about Cohabitation for Teens and Young Adults – parents’ edition
- Facts about Cohabitation for Teens and Young Adults
- Parenting Your Teen
Strategies for Sexual Health
- Strategies for parents of teens
- Strategies for Teens
- How Far is Too Far?
- ¿Qué tan lejos es demasiado lejos? (How Far is Too Far – Spanish version)
The following four parenting handouts are intended to be given together as a unit to parents at the 12-month well child visit.
- Meeting the Challenges of Parenting
- Childhood Tantrums and Whining
- Guidelines for Disciplinary Spanking
- Nalgadas Disciplinarias
Resource Guide for Blended Families.
Resource for Single Parents