Marriage Research and Resources
The following resources are provided to gain a scholarly understanding of the importance of the family and marriage to the child and society in general.
Research on Marriage and the Family
- Family Matters by Barbara Schneider, Allison Atteberry, and Ann Owens
- How different are the adult children of parents who have same-sex relationships? Findings from the New Family Structures Study by Mark Regnerus
- The Regnerus Study: An analysis
- Same-Sex Parenting and Child Outcomes by Loren Marks
- Benefits of Family for Children and Adults
Amicus Briefs on Marriage and the Family
- United States Court of Appeals Ninth Circuit 2012: Golinski vs US Office of Personnel and Management
- Pediatrician Brief Golinski by Pafford
- Supreme Court, January 2013: Hollingsworth vs Perry
The following resources have been selected to assist in building healthy and strong marriages. This collection is provided for educational use only and is not intended to be a substitute for consultation with a physician concerning the issues presented. The resource lists under each topic are not all-inclusive. Although the reading resources and websites have been selected by the College, the College does not necessarily endorse the content, the authors, or the websites.
Live to Forgive by Dr. Dick Tibbits
The First Five Years of Marriage by Phillip J. Swihart, Ph
Marriage Enrichment Conferences marriage enrichment conferences sponsored by the CMDA specifically for healthcare professionals.
Family Life sponsors marriage enrichment seminars for the general public.
Focus on the Family provides resources for marriage enrichment.
Marriage Reduces Child Poverty The Heritage Foundation demonstrates that marriage is the strongest factor in reducing child poverty.
Relationships and Marriage Focus on the Family began in 1977 in response to psychologist and parenting author Dr. James Dobson’s increasing concern for the American family. This nonprofit organization produces an internationally syndicated radio program that is heard daily on more than 3,000 radio facilities in 12 languages in more than 95 other countries.
Family Life Family Life is a nonprofit organization that seeks to strengthen marriage and family life through the use of timeless principles presented it its literature and conferences.
Our Marital Future David Blankenhorn’s new book, The Future of Marriage, explodes the widely promoted myth that redefining marriage to include same-sex partnerships would be a harmless innovation. In this article Robert P. George & Ryan T. Anderson offer a summary of the book’s analysis of the issue.