Movies and Media
Links to websites outside of the College website are provided for informational purposes only, and do not necessarily constitute an endorsement of the content on the website by the American College of Pediatricians.
- Movie Guide® Movie Guide is a nonprofit organization that reviews movies currently showing at theatres around the country and makes recommendations based upon a moral and ethical evaluation.
- Plugged In Plugged In is a “Focus on the Family” publication designed to help equip parents, youth leaders, ministers and teens with the essential tools that will enable them to understand, navigate and impact the culture in which they live.
- Parents Television Council PTC entertainment reviews provide parents with information concerning current entertainment offerings, including recommended ages suitable for a particular film and specific information about the content of sex, violence and profanity. Television, DVD and film reviews are all carefully evaluated using the stringent guidelines established many years ago by the PTC.
- Michael Medved Movie Reviews Michael Medved is a film critic, best-selling author and nationally syndicated radio talk show host. After working as a screenwriter in Hollywood, he reviewed movies for CNN, and later as chief film critic for the New York Post. He also served for twelve years as co-host of “Sneak Previews,” the nationally televised weekly movie review show on PBS-TV. This link provides his reviews of recently released movies.
- Previewonline.org: A fun, informative tool for concerned parents and moviegoers. Our reviews contain the content of films so you can decide if they are suitable for your viewing.