Sexuality and Gender Issues
The American College of Pediatricians produces material and makes recommendations related to the sexual development of children.
The following resources have been selected to assist parents and adolescents in matters related to sexual development. This collection is provided for educational use only and is not intended to be a substitute for consultation with a physician concerning the issues presented. The resource lists under each topic are not all-inclusive. Although the reading resources and websites have been selected by the College, the College does not necessarily endorse the content, the authors, or the websites.
Understanding Same-Sex Attraction
College Statements on Sexuality Issues
- Gender Dysphoria in Children
- Empowering Parents of Gender Discordant and Same-Sex Attacted Children
- Gender Identity Issues in Children & Adolescents
- On the Promotion of Homosexuality in the Schools
- Homosexual Parenting: Is it Time for Change?
- Abstinence Education
- Facts About Youth is a web resource designed to give educators, parents and students important science-based information about healthful approaches to youth who may be conflicted about gender identity and sexual orientation.
- Adolescence and Sexual Activity
- Sex Education in Schools
- Questions Kids Ask about Sex by Medical Institute for Sexual Health
- A Parent’s Guide to Preventing Homosexuality, by Joseph Nicolosi, PhD
- Growth into Manhood by Alana Medinger
- Passport 2 Purity (CD & Workbook Series) by Dennis & Barbara Rainey
- Facts About Youth – a web resource about healthful approaches to youth with non-heterosexual attractions
- Find a therapist
- Understanding Homosexuality by Family Watch International
- Life-affirming and Abstinence education support
- ALLIANCE (The Alliance for Therapeutic Choice and Scientific Integrity)
- Abstinence Clearing House
- The Medical Institute for Sexual Health
- Abstinence and Marriage Eduation Partnership